Another cult-like teaching that comes from upline diamonds is to submit to upline. Sometimes it’s called being teachable but as you get more immersed in the system, you are expected to consult with upline for everything, including important life decisions such as getting married or buying a new car. In retrospect, I believe it’s done because upline doesn’t want you making decisions that could hinder your ability to purchase tools. Thus IMO, they will advise you to do things that keep disposable income available so they can teach you to buy more tools and functions.
But they make it sound harmless, that checking upline can help you because upline has experience in the business and can tell you how some decisions can impact your business. Sounds harmless but the upline teaches this more likely for their own benefit than for your benefit. If you can recognize the game, you can see thru the idiocy of upline teaching. Looking at it in another angle, how much analysis did upline do on your business before giving you business advice.
Some upline even “counsel” their downline. Can you imagine submitting to someone for such important decisions that can affect your life and your upline's only real qualification to do this is they joined Amway before you. You could actually be a counselor, but you would be counseled by someone upline with less qualifications simply on the basis that they joined Amway before you. Or can you imagine a young say 30 year old single guy sponsoring a 45 year old married guy. The married guy would get advice from someone who isn't married any may not have been in Amway for long. Yes, the sponsor will go upline to seek more expertise, but is that really a reliable "system"?
When I was an IBO back in the 1990s, I was engaged to be married and my upline advised to dump my fiancée because I could build the business faster and if I achieved diamond, women would line up to court a single diamond. By then I had already smelled a rat with regards to Amway teaching so that was the last straw for me.
I was a 4000 PV IBO at the time, so I told my group what happened and that because of what happened, I had decided to walk away from Amway. All of my group except 1 or 2 IBOs downline from me walked away when I did. So, my upline and sponsor went from direct distributor to less than 4000 PV and I do not believe he ever requalified at that level again.
I do know that my sponsor was still active as recently as 2019 but I’m not sure if he’s still chasing Amway in a "all in" manner. Being that he was a physician, I see it as a life wasted on Amway. Submit to your upline is total BS.
No comments:
Post a Comment