Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Who's The Man?

 If you're objective, you're likely to understand this post and if you've had too much Amway "kool aid", you might not get it.  If you're a prospect or on the fence about Amway, think long and hard about this post.   Your upline diamonds and other higher ups like to brag about their income and their allegedly lavish lifestyles but if ever asked to verify their claims you'll hear about how it's none of your business or you'll be shown a photo copy of a check or some other anecdotal. but not verifiable evidence of wealth.  Why do you suppose that it?  

Have you ever heard of the term owning a nice hat but no cattle?   It sort of means that you can look flashy but you don't have the goods.  The diamonds will show you flashy slideshows of vacations. most likely the ones that Amway pays for but not necessarily a bunch of other non Amway sponsored trips.  Or you might see pictures of jet skis, fancy cars, mansions and other kinds of bling.  If I posted picture of a mansion and a Porsche and other trappings like that and said I paid for them in cash, the Amway defenders would be calling me a liar (or worse).   But at the same time the diamonds do exactly that and not a single downline questions them or asks for verification of claims.  

But here's food for thought and it makes a ton of sense to me and probably to other reasonable people.  Joecool is comfortably retired, and I retired at the age of 55.  Prior to covid, I was traveling around the world having a great time.   But I don't brag about this to others and I don't try to profit from my claims of being young and retired and basically financially free.   I mention this here because I honestly believe that many diamonds cannot actually afford the "diamond lifestyle".   Let me explain;

Some years ago, Amway published the average income of a (non Q12) diamond) and it was about $150,000.   Since then, there have been no significant differences to the Amway compensation plan, yet I was hearing that diamonds make an average of 600k these days.  So I looked it up and that figure is for Q12 diamonds.  A Q12 diamond is one who qualifies as a diamond for all 12 months in the Amway fiscal year (unless it was changed recently), and a Q12 diamond is a rare exception and not the norm.  Therefore, I can only conclude that the rest of the diamonds likely earn around $150,000 a year, which I believe is still shown in "the plan".   Sure, there's some tool and function money which augments the income but can you live a life of absolute first class and luxury on $200k to $300k gross income?     I highly doubt it unless you you have other sources of income or resources to tap into.

Why do diamonds want you to think they are "the man"?  Because telling you that diamond allows you to live a middle class lifestyle (with a few luxuries) without a job isn't really sexy or likely to attract recruits.   Like it or not, that's what I believe is the truth.  


No comments: