Thursday, April 11, 2013

Testimony From A WWDB Prospect

I just received this comment from a prospect who was invited to see the plan by a WWDB IBO. The person giving the testimony took time to learn the details about Amway and WWDB and in doing research, found my blog and contact information. I was emailed this commentary which gives great insight into Amway and in particular, WWDB. Note the emphasis on tools and WWDB expenses:

Hi Joecool,

Not sure if ya want to share this in your stories or not, but I just thought I would share my Amway qual meeting exp. with you.

I started thinking about doing something from home as a "supplement" to my current work from home business. I run a wonderfully successful daycare/preschool program for 1-5 year olds and it grosses me $3500.00-4000.00/month not including my legit tax write offs to Canada Revenue. (I mention this as it is a key part of my story) As well I get a great tax return each tax year!

Now, when I started looking into Amway it was because my friends are IBO's and I wanted to "help them succeed." When I googled it I got a handful of good reviews, but most of them talked about sinking $$ into it, and getting next to nothing back...

I am of the small business self employed mindset so I dismissed it at first as others not wanting to do the work so I went to my second BP. (Board Plan) It was a charasmatic couple talking about how mom "finally got to retire and stay home with her baby, and see all of the baby's milestones....." yack yack. And, they claimed they were able to do this is 3 years and that the man of the duo was 2 years away from doing the same thing... Sure great. (Laird and Alysha Dyck)

But how did you do that? How did you generate leads for your business? How do you make this sustainable? What kind of profit are you looking at? (ballpark) What sort of upfront costs are there? (As I know in starting some businesses have startup costs)

When I asked these questions and told the upline that this is needed to start a successful business I was given a "cold hand shake" and told that this would be answered in my nuts and bolts meeting, I just came from it today.....

AND HONESTLY.....

This asshat dismissed my daycare business as small and "not living the dream" When in reality though I am not a gazillionare we live in a nice home, and live quite comfortably (again not driving mazzorotie's (sp) or anything) my husband also works full time in Network Operations at a local telephone co.

But we aren't living the dream!!! Whatabuncha bull!!!! At least I am using my degree, and we both (my hubby and I) take pride in what we do. But we aren't living the dream. (WTF)???

The only reason I looked into Amway was because of my friends, and because I wanted extra income to pay off student debt. As well as credit cards.

In today's nuts and bolts the guy admitted that they don't want people buying cleaning products they want costumers buying Nutralite, Artistry, and big "PV BV" products. He also admitted that he lives off of his tax return at the end of the year, and that he and his wife still work ft...Not only that he said he ditched a family wedding to attend "dreamnight" because they were dedicated and wanted to do everything right. WTF is wrong with this douche??

All this in front of IBO's in the last steps of the process????? Not a once did they tell you how to be a success as an IBO, instead they went on and on about CD's and WW, (World Wide) and the spring confrence (sp) thing....

OMFG.....

I pulled them aside and told them that if this is what they wanted from me that I'd be fucking running out the door, and that they can kiss my business savvy $$ making ass goodbye..Surprisingly I was told they wanted to give me an offer!

JUST AN FYI people those CD's will teach you NOTHING ABOUT RUNNING A BUSINESS NOTHING. They are braging about how rich they are; nothing more nothing less; if you chose to get involved with amway, though I doubt you would after reading this....DON'T BUY INTO THE BRAINWASHING SHIT!! And don't let them make you feel like shit for working a JOB THAT EARNS YOU A RELIABLE PAYCHECK!!

BECAUSE IF THEY ARE TRULY HONEST WITH YOU THEY ARE NOT RETIRED from the jobs they work just for Amway...They are still 9-5’ers...or something close to that.
The follow up to my Amway qual exp. so I guess it made sense to post it here, as I am now seeing that Amway IBO's are angry control oriented weirded out freaks....

In my post last evening I had mentioned how they knocked me for "my small business sense" that really got and continues to get my back up...

Today at my last qual meeting my "potential upline" outlined costs associated "with the Amway dream." And. seriously I almost crapped my pants. (The costs in Canada)

An annual cost of $67.00

(for my amway business lic.) AHAHAAHAA seriously?? You are a comissioned sales rep in all reality (not to sound like I am watering it down, and you have to pay for comissions??)

A one time cost of $100.00 (for the starter pack)

And the monthly costs:

Premier Membership $50.00 (Access to retail website, and training website)

WWDB $25.00

Communikate: $50.00

"Tools" $15.00 (Extra CD's for prospects books etc)

And the sometimes costs:

Dreamnight: $75.00

Board Plans $10.00/PER PLAN/PER IBO

Major Function Tickets $125.00-200.00 (Canada functions only US ones are more expensive) this does not include hotel, meals, travel, NADA.

Each black box info system is $30.00 (the one they give potential IBO's at the time that they express interest)

This seems like a lot of "nothing" to me...realistically you need access to your retail website email, and that's it.... All the other junk is not needed, and if you have any business saavy what so ever you'll know how to market yourself anyway...

I told them that my small business is quite successful (my home daycare and preschool) to which they said that they were different, and that I needed to stop comparing them.... Really though ways to market yourself comes with EVERY BUSINESS.... but what do I know?? I am just the small minded retard who knows nothing...I need Amway CD's to help me think and do right? (Sarcasm)

You are looking at an annual cost for the monthly stuff of,*drum roll please* $1800.00 and about $2300.00 for functions.

When I told them that paying for WWDB wasn't something I could do right now, as well as the other tools, I was told "Oh that's okay some of us are meant to be small busineses, and others are meant to have IBO's under them, taking this seriously."

REALLY??

You are going to try to bully me into this??? I quipped back, "I take all business opportunities seriously, but I am not going to default on my mortgage payment, utilities, etc to make this "dream come true"!!"

I also stated that "I understand that there are business costs associated w/ every business, but I will do this when and if I am ready to do so, and only on my terms and within my budget..."

I then got "Well perhaps ****** and ****** can sit down with you and go through a budget so Amway obligations can work for you." To which I said an emphatic "No thank you I have my own accountant, and I already have a spread sheet of my obligations, and only my husband and I are privy to that."

During this coffee meeting I was also told some pretty bizarre things about what I could and could not wear to anything Amway related..How I had to talk to upliine wives only, and how we didn't ever want to "mess with marriages and how we always put marriages first."

Since it was a man who introduced me to Amway's business anyway..I snap, "so I can never talk to ******? Is that what you are telling me?" And they said "No, but anything Amway..or Amway related must go through ******* at all times (the wife).

Are you kidding???

Interestingly enough they still want to make me an offer....I suppose they thought I was an easy aim because of the fact that I am a wheelchair user.

What whack jobs!!!

I did have a question though if you just simply sold product here and there without getting all this other junk is it worth it?

Thanks so much

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You give good info here which should be noted by anyone evaluating the business. Its évident tools are key to uplines income and as you said they are useless. Can you make money selling products only. Products are expensive but do have quality. My supplier only sells product. Has about 300 customers and he makes a bit of money. My view is it would be difficult. Commissions are low. Amway i dont think tries to position themselves for retail. They have a auto consume by ibo strategy. Im a former platinum.

ExAmbot said...

I agree they don't care to retail to non-registered persons. Why? They already have a plethora of customers - IBO's, but brand them as business owners to schmooze their pride/ego. Yet they, the business owners can be fired by scAmway at their own whims. Who business owner gets fired form their own business unless they, bizz owner is in reality in the employ of another as a commissioned agent in reality?

Anonymous said...

One of the common sayings by a person who helps create "tools" is that you can either be an IBO or be a person working for an IBO. Their mindset is that you are either with them or underneath them. It is most interesting that they profess their "Christian" faith but are condescending to anyone not helping them make money.

Anonymous said...

Wanted to share this information with you. These people are part of the LTD (Leadership Team Development) group under Greg Francis. The documents and "9 Core Action Steps" are quite interesting--as an MBA, I especially like how they classify "Tools", "VIP Bundles", "Info Sessions", and "Functions" as "Assets" in their Budget document at the bottom of the page. Unbelievable. If you are going to share this information, please take the time to gather everything first before it is pulled down. Here's the webpage: http://www.greivesteam.com/documents/. The entire website is quite an experience. It is kept current. Greg Francis was pushing his "Team 50K" (search Google for Team 50K) but it seems to be fizzling out. Greives is an IBO under Francis.