Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Non Amway Millionaires?

 Many people join Amway with the notion that they will become millionaires and live happily ever after without working another day in their lives. I know I once joined Amway hoping to make some good extra money. But chasing the Amway money dream was like finding the end of a rainbow. You can see it but you can never get to it. The Amway dream is basically a myth. Do you see and hear of new diamonds constantly emerging, or do you see the same old tired diamonds year after year and function after function? I know there seems to be new diamonds in foreign countries as the market is not yet saturated but in the US, I don't really hear much about new diamonds. I know some emerge, but at the same time, others are falling out of qualification at the same time. Even when Joecool was an up and coming 4000 pin in Amway, the money wasn't there. Instead, any positive cash flow winded up in my uplines pockets via tool and function purchases. I quit Amway back around 1997 or so and now, nearly 26 years later, I had a revelation just recently about my own financial situation.


I purchased a home back in the year 2000 for just under $300,000. It seems like a ton of money at the time but now 23 years later, I have a lot of equity and there was a huge real estate boom that took place around 2002. The median price of a home in the area where I live is about 1.2 million. I live on the Windward side of Oahu. The equity in my house is about $1,000,000. My 401K currently has a significant value.  That makes Joecool a non-Amway millionaire. How about that? And I accomplished that despite Amway, not because of Amway.

"A millionaire is an individual whose net worth or wealth is equal to or exceeds one million units of currency. It can also be a person who owns one million units of currency in a bank account or savings account."

Now, I am currently retired, having retired at the age of 55.   I do not have a luxury sportscar. My older vehicle is a 2015 truck which I purchased in cash at the time, and I purchased a new SUV in 2022, also in cash.   I have been retired for a couple of years and since I live in Hawaii, I can go walking on nice beaches regularly. All without Amway.

Don't be fooled.  The diamonds may talk about wealth and how rich they are but I suspect many are living a middle-class lifestyle, and many of them might be in debt.  If you think about and research the average income of a diamond, it's not what you might think.  A Q 12 diamond, one who qualifies diamond all 12 months in the Amway fiscal year, makes about $600K, according to Amway.  But A Q 12 diamond is the rare exception, and the vast majority don't see anywhere near that kind of income.  

If I made an educated guess, I'd say a regular, actually qualified diamond, but not a Q12, that diamond might make between $100K and $300K, maybe more or less, depending on the business structure.  Sounds awesome to a guy making $15 an hour.   But after taxes and business expenses such as travel, etc., that's not the kind of money that allows people to purchase mansions in cash or a fleet of Lamborginis.  And to make it harder for the diamonds, they need to portray a lifestyle of fabulous wealth because recruiting people to join a business that allows you to live a nice middle class lifestyle isn't jazzy enough.

Do the math and you'll easily see it.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of people become millionaires without being involved with Amway, and they do it in very conventional ways, like having a job, saving money, investing wisely, building up a pension, and having social security checks for husband and wife.

Amway freaks hate you when you point this out.