Monday, May 5, 2014

Amway Comments?

Recent comments on this blog have been quite interesting lately. Some heated, some inflamatory and some just silly. But what many Amway defenders fail to understand is that I am simply sharing my experiences and observations. I feel that it serves as an information highway for prospects who are looking into the Amway business. When I was in the business, the internet was not quite as accessible as it is now. Thus this blog is an easy way for people to gain information about my experiences and informed opinions about Amway.

Information seekers are free to ask questions, or even dispute what I have written. I do not disallow comments that are pro or con with regards to Amway. I allow both sides of the story to be expressed here. I moderate comments to prevent spam and sabotage, which I experienced in the past. In about 2 years,, Joecool's blog has nearly 275,000 site visitors. It's clear that my message is getting out there. But I say that commentators should question the message and not the messenger.

Quite often I see people leaving comments that I am lying or wrong but the comments never seem to specify what is wrong or inaccurate about what I am writing. Plus, how can my experience be wrong? It's my experience and that has been confirmed by the many other bloggers and by current evidence that is available on other websites on the internet. For example, I still see (in particular, WWDB) IBOs talking about buying homes in cash, and how the world has a 60% divorce rate while WWDB members have a 2% divorce rate. Where do IBOs get this garbage? They are taught this crap by WWDB leaders. And guess what? IBOs pay good money to learn this crap.

The truth is that Amway people and the world probably have the same divorce rate, but it surfaces as an issue because IBOs make these silly claims. It's also ironic that some WWDB leaders who spoke of buying homes in cash had homes foreclosed and one of them was in bankruptcy proceedings recently. A WWDB leader who said that Amway saved marriages is now either seperated or divorced. These same leaders at one time SWORE that not a penny of profit was made from tools and function sales. We now know the truth and these leaders were never held accountable. Who does more good? Someone who provides information so people can make an informed decision? Or someone who is deceptive which leads only to the "best case scenario"?

That is the truth. Attack the message, not the messenger.

9 comments:

David said...

I was recently wondering about whether there were still "partner stores" associated with the Amway Global website. I went to the website yesterday and was quite through in my search for partner stores and found no evidence of any. Back in the days of Quixtar, the partner stores were prominently displayed, so as to give credibility to the business. Bass Pro Shops was a company logo displayed on the Quixtar homepage. Apparently partner stores are a thing of the past in the Amway opportunity.
I also browsed through the product offerings in the site. There was Double X, Satinique and SA8, along with the XS Energy drinks. Overall, I'd say a sadly pathetic product lineup.

Joecool said...

I believe there are still partner stores and IBO's still seem to pop off about them as if it were a source of credibility. But look at the prices. Partner store prices are a ripoff.

Then again, so are many prices of Amway products.

Anonymous said...

It is time to face reality.......... I am tired of people making negative comments about the Amway Corporation. If you are not in the Amway business like I am, then keep your negative comments to yourself. I know from experience that people who make negative comments about business never had money and never will. First of all, Amway teaches you how to make money, save money, and duplicate yourself. Use the products, sell the products, and sponsor people to help them financially. Rant over.

Joecool said...

What total bullshit. Nearly everyone who gets into Amway makes no money or loses money. How much have you lost in Amway so far?

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous at 7:49 PM --

Who the fuck are you to tell us what we can or cannot say?

Anonymous said...

"Everyone who gets into Amway makes no money or loses money" sounds like a complaint based on zero knowledge on making or investing money. I'm not going to go into a discussion on this but, forgetting about Amway, just look into the stories of people in traditional businesses and how was their beginnings, they all "lost money" for a long time before they became profitable. I'm very familiar with the story of Reggie Aggarwal since I worked for his company Cvent, but you can look up almost any successful person's story and they will include "losing money" for a while: Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, Elon Musk, etc.

The difference between them and you, is that when they lost money they just kept working hard until eventually things turned around. But I guess complaining online can be a career as well... it's so much easier than working hard.

Here is the story from Reggie that I mentioned, just FYI https://www.forbes.com/sites/karstenstrauss/2014/01/06/from-deaths-door-to-1-billion-cvent/#10d750103aed

Joecool said...

""""Everyone who gets into Amway makes no money or loses money" sounds like a complaint based on zero knowledge on making or investing money""""

That's why Amway folks can't debate. They twist words. I never said "everyone" makes no money or loses money. I said "nearly" everyone. That's a big difference.

And it's a truthful conclusion, based on information provided by Amway. Amway's own stats show that 53% of IBOs are "inactive" or they do nothing.

Amway's own stats also reveal that about .5% (one half of one percent) reach the level of gold distributor. A study done in the state of Wisconsin showed that the top 1% of Amway distributors had a net loss of abut $900 annually.

If these higher ranks are attained by a fraction of 1% and they average a loss, then it's very accurate to say that nearly everyone who gets into Amway makes no money or loses money if they have business expenses.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for not adding "nearly", you're right, it makes a difference. I did not intend to twist your words in any way.

I agree with the statistics, and I totally believe a huge percentage of those inactive people did not understand what they were getting into, were not educated properly and had no idea what it would take. I find people following those practices have a really poor ethics code.

I can only attest to my personal experience and how I treat people in my team, I will not defend or discuss other LOSs because it's like a lawyer trying to defend the practice of law by talking about what other corrupt lawyers have done, the fact that there are corrupt lawyers does not mean every lawyer is corrupt or that practicing law is a bad career (we are in enough trouble as a nation in the US for people putting everyone in a bucket and judging them as a whole).

I personally take my time educating people in what it takes to be successful, I want to be up front with how the path will look like and I want people to make a commitment, not an emotional decision, on joining my team. I believe in helping people and I can honestly say that if you understand the journey and are willing to work hard, there is no reason why you won't be successful.

Joecool said...

Anonymous,

I was an IBO. I hit 4000 PV with eagle parameters but I had no net profit because at that level, your upline expects you to spend any profit on more tools. (and upline profits handsomely from tools).

If you carefully analyze the 6-4-2 plan, you'll see that there are 79 IBOs and one of them is a platinum. The rest are at lower levels, probably losing money due to business expenses. That's why the majority don't make money in Amway, it's designed that way.

It's good if you are up front and honest but that's not a trait that is likely to lead you to success in Amway and MLM in general.