Thursday, December 17, 2020

Selling?

 One thing I recall about my time in Amway was how difficult it could be to sell Amway stuff.   You rarely heard about anyone edified for selling a lot of stuff.   My own experience was primarily friends and family, likely sympathy purchases.   Help out the crazy friend who does Amway.  LOL. 

But seriously, has anyone gone on stage as a ruby because they sold 15,000 PV worth of Amway stuff?   The most extreme case I witnessed was a fellow IBO who bought 1000 PV worth of stuff in a month because the diamond had promoted a picnic that he would attend but only for those who were at 1000 PV or higher.  Of course that IBO later lost his home in foreclosure.  

That’s why diamonds advised us to ask if prospects enjoyed selling.  Regardless of a yes or no response, our answer would be “great, then this business is perfect for you”.  It gave you an out either way.  But it’s just another example of diamonds teaching questionable recruiting tactics.  I guess an honest straight up approach regarding Amway doesn’t work so there are strategies that need to be employed.  

To support my claim I simply point to the fact that diamonds teaching the buy from yourself mantra.  No selling needed. Just self consume your own defacto quota of PV and get others to do the same.  Of course I know of no business where you can consume yourself to success.  But it’s what many IBOs believe and what many diamonds teach.   And for this reason and others, I’ve been blogging about it for nearly two decades so these silly teachings can be exposed for the fraud that I believe it is.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this blog! A couple recently reached out to me via LinkedIn and asked me to have a meeting. We have had three zoom meetings since. I was sent two video clips to watch. All I listened to was one dude, for one hour, speaking about his successes and another one talking about financial stability which did not sink well. I realized that there is more emphasis on getting people joining your network than selling Amway products. I wonder why!!! For me, I will rather be the one loser than pull my family and friends into a business that has so many negative reviews. I told the couple that I am interested in selling Amway products than building a network of friends and families who may end up as my lifetime enemies because of my wanting to get rich quick. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU HEAR AMWAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Some Amway subsystems don't even encourage you to sell Amway products at retail to non-members. They just tell you to buy enough products to self-consume and make your monthly PV, and recruit others under you to do the same.

Amway is the only business where nobody involved really cares a bit about the product line.