Friday, January 8, 2021

Tips For Amway IBOs?

 I’ve watched a show called undercover billionaire where Glenn Stearns got dropped off in Pennsylvania with $100 and an old truck and in 90 days, had to create a million dollar business.   He fell short having created Underdog BBQ so he invested his own million into the business.  But the business principles he displayed and thought process can be applied to other businesses.  

IBOs could seriously learn more from this show than from taking advice from diamonds.  One valuable piece is advice was to “find your buyer first” before trying to sell something. Glenn managed to buy and sell goods and even sold a discarded tractor tire for good money. He managed to even flip a house in his final push to open Underdog BBQ.  

He found and made key contacts along the way and put together a team that made the business plan work.  Although jus business was evaluated to be worth $750,000, keep in mind that he did this in less than 3 months.  The business is running strong today and the team that he put together were given stake in ownership  

Discovery channel is airing another version of undercover billionaire with 3 new participants and only one episode has aired thus far.   I believe that IBOs can be better served by the success principles and business strategies employed by these successful entrepreneurs than by any standing order or function and this advice is free. It can in my opinion be applied to Amway and other businesses.  Just their perspective in how they see potential is amazing.   We see a run down building and sone one else sees an investment into creating rentals or condos to make millions  

Remember that these participants only have a hundred bucks a day cell phone to start.  They use an alias name do their real success and influence can’t be used in their business adventure.  I believe this is valuable advice to Amway IBOs and other entrepreneurs.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only valuable advice you can give to persons in the Amway business is to get out if it, real fast.

Joecool said...

Or don’t join in the first place. LOL

kwaaikat said...

When Amway was pitched to me, the guy wasn't fully aware that I had gone solo since we had last met through work.

Because he was telling me about his business (Amway, though I didn't know it) I was naively sharing the ups and downs of a small business, and looking for response. I somehow I got little response, except hearing how bad it was to be employed and how he looked down on people with no ambition (other than working up their way in a company). I did not share that, I had great relations with my ex boss, and old colleagues.

I shared some frustrations and tricks about the bureaucracy, but somehow saw little recognition. I told him what a gem of an accountant I've found, who did more than just book keeping, but who gave sound advice on how to watch out for pitfalls affecting small businesses. He did his accounting himself, and the system did much of it.

He said he ran it spare time, but would soon leave his employment and go full time, living the good life. I kept on trying to push what his business actually was. He remained vague but said coaching other businesses to become the most they could be, or something like that. He was privy to some proven system, build on the experienced of having watched thousands of businesses over a long time. In the end the news was broken through I CD that he had me listen to.

Obviously in retrospect I can laugh at all that. What is amazing is how Amway closed his mind to admitting he was bs'ing me and himself from start to end. This was a good person, who could have done well in his work, whether it be in a big company, or possibly, who knows start a (real) business. His brainwashing not only caused him to waste time and money, but squander a lot of opportunity he would have had in his real line of work.

I digress, talking back to the point, I was really struck by his disinterest, from comparing notes with me, from the accountant I recommended, on learning any objective wisdom about business. It was possible the least business mentality business owner I've ever met, yet he used the term "business owner" more than any other person I ever knew.

Anonymous said...

Persons in Amway are not interested in hearing any business information that is not approved of and vetted by their Amway up-line. In fact, they are forbidden to discuss any financial matters at all, apart from their necessary contacts with Amway and their Amway sponsors.

The plain fact is that a major effort of the Amway Corporation is to CONTROL AND LIMIT INFORMATION, for the purpose of keeping IBOs and potential new recruits completely in the dark. That's why they hate websites such as this one.

Joecool said...

Thanks for your spot on comments!