One of the humorous things that IBOs say on my blog is if Amway isn't such a great deal, then why don't we offer a better solution? I guess it's not enough that there are facts and experiences posted here so that information seekers can find and make informed decisions about joining or not joining Amway, but we must also suggest better options? Well, I will offer some. While I am not advising anyone to listen to my thoughts, nor do I think you should act on what you read what's here without doing your due diligence or your own soul searching, here are my opinions on what may be better than Amway:
1. Be a better steward of the money you already have. Many people have enough income but simply channel too much of it to things they don't need. A daily $5 cup of starbucks coffee for example. Disciplined saving and investing. Cut back on unnecessary expenses. Maybe eat out less. The savings may not seem apparent right away but will add up after time passes.
2. Get a second job and set aside a portion for saving and investing. You will not only have more discretionary cash, but also more to be able to set aside some extra reserves for your golden years. It may not seem like a good option but if you can find something that's somewhat enjoyable, it's not so bad. For example, working part time as a sporting good store.
3. Start your own small business. The biggest issue with Amway, in my opinion is the endless supply of training that uplines sell. It causes most "serious" IBOs to end up with a net loss. You can find a niche product and sell it on ebay or craigslist, unlike Amway products. Another type of small business might be something like learning to do minor household repairs or installing hardwood flooring. These kinds of services are quite common and can be lucrative. The extra money can help your budget and allow you to save for your future.
4. Do nothing. Since most business building IBOs lose time and money, doing nothing, although comical, actually makes you better off than losing money because of functions and standing orders. Even watching TV is better than suffering losses.
5. Spend more time with your family. Ironically, many IBOs have this as a goal, but actually spend less time with family because of Amway related activities.
There you have it folks. There are some ideaas of what might be better than spending your time and money participating in the Amway business and the Amway motivational organizations. While these are only ideas, only you can decide what is best for you and your family. In whatever you decide to do, I wish you well.