One of the humorous things that IBOs say on my blog is if Amway isn't such a great deal, then why don't we offer a better solution? I guess it's just not enough that there are facts and experiences posted here so that information seekers can find and make informed decisions about joining or not joining Amway, but we must also suggest better options? Well, I will go one step further and offer some. While I am not advising anyone to listen to my thoughts, nor do I think you should act on what you read what's here without doing your due diligence your own soul searching, here are my opinions on what may be better than Amway:
1. Be a better steward of the money you already have. Many people have enough income but simply channel too much of it to things they don't need. A daily $5 cup of starbucks for example. Disciplined saving and investing. This may not sound exciting, but many people who are real millionaires did things in this manner. Success doesn't happen overnight so thinking it will in an Amway business is dangerous thinking.
2. Get a second job and set aside a portion for saving and investing. You will not only have more discretionary cash, but also more to be able to set aside for your golden years. One thing I did when I finished college was to work 2 jobs and my 2nd income was mostly invested for my golden years.
3. Start your own small business. The biggest issue with Amway, in my opinion is the endless supply of training that uplines sell. It causes most "serious" IBOs to end up with a net loss. You can find a niche product and sell it on ebay or craigslist, unlike Amway products. Another type of small business might be something like learning to do minor household repairs or installing hardwood flooring. These kinds of services are quite common and can be lucrative.
4. Do nothing. Since most business building Amway IBOs lose money, doing nothing, although comical, actually makes you better off than losing money because of functions and standing orders. You will also save your time, which can be used for more productive things.
5. Spend more time with your family. Ironically, many IBOs have this as a goal, but actually spend less time with family because of Amway related activities. It's ironic because many people join Amway with a desire for more time and money, but end with less time and money because of Amway.
There you have it folks. There are some ideaas of what might be better than spending your time and money participating in the Amway business and the Amway motivational organizations. While these are only ideas, only you can decide what is best for you and your family. In whatever you decide to do, I wish you well.