Friday, October 26, 2018

The Real Amway Business?

When I was first recruited into the Amway business, I was in college and I was invited to a "beer bust", only to find out it was an Amway meeting. I declined. Later, a few years later, I had an old friend show me the plan and I declined. I told him to look me up if he ever made money in Amway. He came back some time later and said he went "direct". I knew that was a somewhat significant level so I got interested. I eventually signed up and my sponsor told me about the standing orders, books, functions, voicemail.

I wondered why all this stuff was "defacto required" but was told that multi millionaires in Amway said it was the key to success but if I wanted to try and do it on my own, then go for it. I thought it was a no brainer to follow the advice on someone who was successful. Who wouldn't right? My sponsor also sold the tools hard, recommending that we buy more than we needed because it was the key to success. When you think about it, it sounds all good, But the upline doesn't disclose the deception.

The deception is about the tools program. Upline diamonds promote the tools program as the "key to success" but I will ask where is the success? Have someone name a few new WWDB diamonds in the US? (I was in WWDB). The fact is there are fewer duamonds now than when I was an IBO in 1997-1998. And in case anyon hasn't noticed, Amway revenues have declined about 25% from 2013 to now. They went from 11.8 billion to now, 8.6 billion.

With Amway sales and revenues declining significantly, how can there be hoards of new diamonds? It can't happen. It only makes sense that there are fewer diamonds and fewer emeralds, platinums, etc.

So how can Amway diamonds stay afloat? It's with the real Amway business. The tools and functions. Obviously, with Amway sales and revenues down, diamond income and bonuses are down (contrary to what Amway diamonds say about Amway being a recession proof business). Amway diamonds claim that soap and other consumables are necessary even when times are hard, but oh, wait, Amway sells "premium products" so they cost more than WalMart or Costco, or CVS. So much for that theory.

Don't be fooled, the real business of the diamonds is to sell support materials. There is a higher profit margin and rank and file IBOs don't share in the compensation plan like they di in the PV/BV plan. It's obvious that the "real" Amway business is the upline selling books, voicemail, cd/audios and functions/seminars.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the real amway business: https://myslenimkbohatstvi.film/home/#ofilmu Platinum level upline released this just recently here in Czech republic. It is movie based on the book by Napoleon Hill, all the ambots have anyway read several times. Eventhough they are encouraged to buy this crap as a movie once again. And the prices? Normal recent cinema movie is around 10 dollars on DVD here. While this is 35 dollars for the movie and 70 for the movie with some more "bonus materials" motivational bullshit. And you get no DVD, only online access to it... :-) They do not even bother with DVDs these days, just send us the money. And of course, the company releasing the movie is owned by this platinum guy.

Anonymous said...

Amway is desperate to get new recruits in foreign countries, because here in North America it's becoming impossible for IBOs to develop any down-line.

Amway reputation is so far down the toilet that people simply run when the hated "A-word" is mentioned.

Old Wilson Line said...

So sad that all this junk is still going on -- 17 years after I quit because of the false front that the "successful IBO's" try to sell us on. They make more money off of tools & functions than on the business.You must consume tools for ever for them to actually be profitable.
Why don't they just start a motivation company & forget all the expensive products & help people become successful in whatever field a person wants to pursue.

Gmoney said...

Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady (exiled Amway hot shots) tried that with their LIFE business.