Thursday, August 18, 2016

Quitting Amway = Winning?

I often see commentary about people quitting Amway and Amway loyalists are quick to call them broke, losers, lazy, lacking guts. Ironically, these same lazy and loser types of people were "sharp" and motivated prospects before they signed up for the Amway opportunity. Someone recently left a comment on my blog about how AMOs should conduct exit interviews with departing IBOs to get to the root of the problems. I think these exit interviews would reveal that people are working hard and applying the AMo teaching, only to lose money,

Based on my years of blogging and Amway experiences, I can honestly say I believe that people quit Amway primarily for one reason. The money isn't there. Amway's own numbers show that the average IBO earns just over $200 a month and that is before taxes and expenses, and that number excludes inactive IBOs. Business building IBOs earn most of the bonuses, but business building IBOs generally have the most expenses, often participating in the system of standing orders, voicemail, books and functions.

When I was an IBO, I did as upline advised and I achieved a fairly significant level (4000 PV), but due to the expenses associated with tools and helping downline, I didn't earn net profit. This is confirmed by a study done by the Wisconsin attroney general who examined the tax returns of platinume and found that they averaged a net loss of about $1000 a year. While the study was a bit dated, I would suggest it is still very valid as platinums today, have more tools (business building materials) that they are expected to buy from upline. If I made nothing at 4000 PV, anyone with half a brain can conclude that IBOs below 4000 PV and fully participating on the system would end up with a net loss because their expenses would be similar to mine, but with less bonus money.

The bottom line is that people are very likely quitting because they aren't profitable. If people made a few hundred a month with 8-15 hours of work per week, they would continue to run their businesses. But those who work and make nothing or lose money have no reason or motivation to continue. Thus they simply make a wise business decision and quit. What seemed like a good idea during the presentation simply did not pan out when reality set in. It's also reasonable to conclude that the products are that great either because if they were, those who quit would become loyal customers, thus even if the sales force turned over, sales would consistently rise as former IBOs would become customers. It's apparent that most former IBOs do not become loyal Amway customers. In fact, for those who later discover they were lied to or deceived about the Amway opportunity, become critical of Amway instead.

Why do people quit Amway? I think the answer is crystal clear. The quitters are the winners!

19 comments:

Lenzie O. Winstead said...

Amway help the community at large. Plus Amway have a total new system it call fast track for new IBO...

John Doe said...

Uh oh...Amway came out with ANOTHER new system to help those IBO's become rich beyond their wildest dreams and walk the beaches of the Bahamas. Lenzie, if Amway has been such a great opportunity and around for so long, then why would they need to create new systems? At this point, if they haven't been able to get it right, isn't it fair to assume they will never get it right?

This is mind boggling how people aren't understanding that there is nothing new, and they can continuously be duped by nonsensical jargon which means nothing. Meanwhile Amway continues to lobby for deregulation in their markets, reincorporate 500x over to make themselves as messy as possible, and release tainted numbers that still reflect failure. How do people keep believing that Amway is reinventing the wheel???

Anonymous said...

To Lenzie O. Winstead:

Your thoughts are as muddled as your command of English grammar.

Amway doesn't do shit for "the community at large." Who gave you that imbecilic idea? Your up-line? Amway is only interested in making money for itself.

There's a new "fast track system" for IBOs? Yeah, sure. How damned fast could it be if you still have to depend upon recruitment of new IBOs?

Before you get more involved in Amway, I suggest that you take a crash course in understanding the English verb, and the important difference between singular and plural forms of it.

Anonymous said...

Fast Track isn't anything new, LTD was flogging it at least five years ago. If I remember right you had to have so much in your own purchases and so much in customer purchases. There was more to it than that but I've mostly blocked the memory out.

Anonymous said...

Lenzie O. Winstead

Your website is a copy pasta template, how much did you invest in your business for them to put up that site for you?

Anonymous said...

Companies by and large are not well run. They make money in spite of themselves. They make money because they are large. They are large because they offer people an "opportunity" to become financially successful. While companies flounder trying to figure out which end is up, I provide solutions to problems that companies are not even aware they have, or problems that will not occur for year to come. So if Amway has problems, and they do, they should do the smart thing and contact Intelligent Management Solutions. All we do is maximize growth and profitability every single day. imsolutions37@yahoo.com What are you waiting for? Your company is not going to fix itself. Do you think those high priced executives with college degrees in memorization are going to provide you solutions? Think and Think Again!

Anonymous said...

This Lenzie O. Winstead's website shows that he's just a shill pushing the Tool Scam for Amway and other MLM rackets. It even speaks of "IBO Tools."

Joecool said...

Yeah, it looks like Lenzie is soldout to the system. His profile of course, doesn't mention Amway.

He'll probably quit in a few months.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I get it. My upline just tortured me with most brutal talk of the year and she has been blocked hereafter. Seriously. I do not see any profit in the lifestyle at the level she claims. I am not so much settled as an IBO but I maintain a way better lifestyle than anyone at the platinum level.
After today's insensible brainwashing session of talk, I think I earned a well deserving break out of my IBO sign up price. Thanks JOECOOL. HIGH FIVE

Jimmy Escajeda said...

This blog is totally biased. I have posted replys that never get posted. I have waited for my comments to be moderated by Joe Uncool in the "How much is your Amway business worth" feed but over a week has gone by meanwhile he posts away everywhere else. He most likely has no good responses or perhaps he just can't deny my critique of him. I'm over this blog. I think I'll start a blog of my own though.

Joecool said...

Jimmy, what are you talking about? I don't delete or not post comments unless they are hateful or racist. Your comments probably went to spam. If it's there I will post them now. If I didn't post comments, your current comment wouldn't be here.

Joecool said...

Jimmy, your long comments were in the spam folder and have been posted.

Don't worry, my responses are very simple. Amway sells generic quality products at premium prices. It's why you can buy a 20 oz. shampoo at Target for $2.50 but a 10 oz. satinique costs $10.

The prices are way overpriced because you are paying layers and layers of upline and downline.

If you start a blog, let me know. I would be interested in checking it out.

Anonymous said...

Amway is selling just dream. Those sitting on top they are making money and other people just work. This is genuine network business work on principle I built net and you do work for me.

Anonymous said...

Jimmy Escajeda,
Just curious if you were confident in Amways success, why you would be searching blogs such as this one? Didn't your upline program you different than that. It's apparent that you might be questioning the integrity of Amway, because most upline coach that you shouldn't be reading anything on the Internet because "it's not true" and to "trust them"

Alex j said...

Broke people blog haha I love all these negative comments are anonymous! Your opinions are ignorant and clearly don't have an understanding that you are OWNING your own business and not just a club! Get educated on business ownership and then post a blog.. Clearly your self image and self esteem is so low that you had to quit the business! I wonder how it feels to give up on yourself.. Continue being broke and making these shit blogs cause you're jealous of the lifestyle the Emeralds and above live while you're stuck in a JOB

Joecool said...

This blog is about Amway, Amway IBOs and WWDB. I guess you could call it a broke people blog. LOL

Why would I be jealous of how an emerald and above lives when most of them live middle class lifestyles while pretending to be wealthy at Amway functions?

Anonymous said...

To Alex J --

You don't "own your own business" in Amway. Your up-line owns YOU.

If you've been in Amway for any length of time and you don't know that yet, you must be totally brain-dead.

How much money have you personally lost in Amway so far, Alex J? Or have you stopped counting?

Go kiss your Platinum's ass. He expects it from you.

Unknown said...

It's funny, I explore these blogs occasionally as they were an important resource for getting my boyfriend to see what a gong show Amway was. I like the articles but now I mostly skim over to the comments to see if any ambots come by. They are always yelling their point and using every little line any upline has ever said to an IBO. I don't have to read all the comments anymore I just have to look for the person yelling. They are always so FIRED UP. Keep up the good work ambots, I love how you're working your way around the world to destroy everyone. Such an appetite for destruction. You truly are evil. Hail Satan! I mean devos!

Anonymous said...

Amway freaks place a premium on appearing to be hyped-up and energetic. They think that if you are a "businessman," you have to run around wildly as if you had a Roman candle up your ass.

This is one of the telltale signs that Amway is a fake business, not a genuine one. Real businessmen stay calm and collected, and they focus their energies in careful and precise directions. Amway freaks gesture and scream incoherently, and try to be everywhere at once, doing a dozen different things. They do this out of sheer desperation, since practically no one in North America wants to listen to "the Plan" anymore.