Wednesday, August 3, 2011

IBO Bankrupt Following Upline Advice?

I have posted a comment and link to the forum where I unearthed it. Although the commentor doesn't specify which AMO he was involved with, it sounds very similar to teaching I heard (and still hear about) from Worldwide Group or WWDB. I also saw something like this happen to more than one IBO when I was an IBO myself:

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/forums/viewthread/11545/

I ended up filing for bankruptcy after trying to build a group myself for three years. I ended up having one person become interested, and they decided to sign with someone else when it got to time for me to bring them a start-up package. That was the last straw for me. I am still good friends with my sponsor, but they have also dropped out after their group of people petered out (sorry Peter).

I was encouraged to attend several conferences out of state and spend tons of money on motivational tapes and books even though I was failing to pay my mortgage and credit card bills… when I tried to get better financial advice from my “upline” - they continued to encourage me to spend, spend, spend… “fake it ‘til I make it”... and all that kind of garbage. When I finally filed for my bankruptcy they were nowhere to be found to assist me with life after Amway.

The people at the top of the sponsorship tend to make a decent amount of income while those at the bottom levels of things really have to struggle to make ends meet. I suppose if you are really charismatic you might be able to sponsor a bunch of people and bring in a fair amount of money, but to really make it big, you need to have connections inside… since support is how you make things work when you can’t.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wolves in sheep's clothing. BOY do i love bashing this joke of a business! XD

**proud Amway hater**

rlaurens said...

Now THAT is scary...

Joecool said...

It is scary and shows that this garbage is still being taught. It sounds like a clone of the WWDB teaching I experienced.

KingV said...

Joe I commented on one of your older post that was posted back in 2009, I just seen this one I have a question maybe you will get to this one sooner, I have a question what if someone is just looking to make a few hundred a month? What issues would that cause with the sponser? I am looking into Amway, but I don't want to get into something that is going to cause an issue, simply because I do not attend meetings, and I only generate $100-200 a month is this possible to do with Amway?

KingV said...

Without having to sign anyone up under myself.

Joecool said...

King V, as I said on the older post, you can more easily earn $200 working part time than selling Amway products. Try looking at the Amway website for product and price information and see if you would be willing to buy the stuff. Ask friends if they would be willing to buy from you. If it looks like you can sell the goods, you have a chance of making some money. Most IBOs have difficulty selling Amway products.

Anonymous said...

Proud Amway mind controlled LOVERS enter, and then leave after awhile in that thing. It IS a thing, with a life all it's own. It is certainly worth bashing! The comments above are absolutely true. They have MANY koolaid follower's for their attrition scam. It's a poor outdated compensation plan. There are MANY good network marketing businesses out there that pay way beyond the soap business. They use to use concentration as their selling point. They can't do that now. The corporation is were most of the money is funneled into. They are corrupt! Ask Dyson. They contacted him to use his vaccum cleaner with the SCAMWAY name. Negotiations fell through. Yet Amway USED his design! Amway lost the suit! GOOD! As it SHOULD be! Sowing and reaping is there, by the Lord, for a direct purpose. For scum like THEM! The ones that were in the SCAMWAY thang back in 1977 are now gone. A few of the higher upper's are still hanging on by a thread. Grabbing for straws now. Still spinning their lies of grandeur. Yeah they'll pump you up alright. They have too much mind control, & MONEY (root of their evil) to lose. If SMART people would look, INVESTIGATE the AVERAGE INCOME, that ARE FACTS, they would definitely SEE/UNDERSTAND their crafty ploy. There is much more than, THE BUSINESS. Their "TOOLS" business, and DREAM BUILDING motivation involved, to keep you pumped are classic in brainwashing. Losing SLEEP is another classic design of mind control. But they say, "IT'LL ALL BE WORTH IT." Ignore family, friends, and even children. These are very greedy sick individuals. Others will follow the sick. Dig a hole big enough and everyone will desire to jump into it!

Anonymous said...

They will indoctrinate you! You WILL lose money! Just remember this later. You will remember this, if you get in that scamway thing.

Anonymous said...

+1

Anonymous said...

+1

Anonymous said...

The individuals at the top of the support makes a respectable quantity of income while those at the bottom levels of things really have to battle to pay. I assume if you are really charming you might be able to attract a number of individuals and bring in a reasonable sum of money.

http://cashflowsavvy.com