Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Amway - Joecool Quits Blogging?

One of ths things I have heard many times from Amway supporters is how can Joecool keep on blogging for years and years after having left Amway? Some Amway supporters try to quickly dismiss my claims by saying my experience is dated. To that, I will say that I haven;t burned my hand on a stove for over 30 years but I still know it's a bad idea to put my hand on a hot stove. There are many things I haven't recently experienced that I still have much knowledge about. Amway's AMO tactics is something that really hasn't changed much over the last 15 years. If anything, all the AMO leaders did was add tools that bring them more profit, such as the addition of KATE. When I was an IBO, we used Amvox, which at least gave an IBO PV and BV.

I left Amway in 1998. I got back into my normal routine and re-established relationships with my friends who I had neglected somewhat because of my time spent building Amway. But I remember reading a Newsweek (?) article that explained how the Amway kingpins had made most of their money on tapes and functions. I was ticked off, I realized my upline and sponsor had outright lied to us about the profit from tools. We were told that WWDB was a non profit organization (which was later retracted), but we were also told that nobody made a cent from the tools, a lie that was never retracted. I never thought about filing a formal complaint and life went on.

In 2003 or so, I started finding all kinds of Amway information on the internet. I later found the Quixtar Blog Forum and became a member. There I first encountered insider aka ibofightback aka David Steadson. He and I had many debates there and I frustrated him immensely. So much that he is unable to debate with me anymore and stays in the friendly confines of his own blog where he can take editorial liberties and has the support of other sold out Amway-ites. Despite the back and forth bantering, Joecool never resorted to name calling or below the belt tactics. It was IBOfightback who wanted to start a smear campaign and was apparently refered to as a cyber bully by an Amway corporate blogger. IBOfightback also thinks that Joecool secretly runs every anti Amway blog and forum on the net, but it is not true. I dare him to offer proof when he and Bridgett Baron make these claims and not one iota of proof has been displayed, ever. Bridgett Baron also told lies about Joecool. That I was anti everything Amway. That is not true. In previous posts here and on other forums, I said as an IBO, I received great service from Amway and that Amway was a good employer that took care of their employees. I also acknowledged that Amway does good for their community. My concern is for people whose finances may have been ruined by leaders who lie and influence new IBOs and prospects into buying system tools that they profit from, and with apparently little success.

It's been relatively quiet in the world of Amway lately. I think it's because there is so much information that anyone with half a brain can google Amway and find enough information where most people would think twice nefore signing up. For this reason I believe that Amway is shrinking in North America. I have thought about walking away from the blogging worl before and with new challenges set before me in my life I thought about it again recently. But as usual, I made contact offline with an active WWDB IBO, and also discovered the blog of an active WWDB IBO and it appears that many of the same upline are still teaching the same garbage as 12 years ago.

They apparenty still teach the buy homes in cash concept. They still have a function called dream night where they display wealth. Whether they own all of these goodies or whether they paid for them with Amway income is still questionable. They still talk about residual ongoing income and walking the beaches of the world. Apparently some of these leaders has suffered setbacks financially in recent years, perhaps due to the economy. While I do not wish harm upon anyone, I do wish to see some of the injustices made right. It is why Joecool is not retiring from blogging at this time.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm one happy camper!

Colin said...

I wonder why amway is growing outside of north america? Dont these people ever read the negative stuff on the net? I heard they are growing in india and some parts of asia.

Anonymous said...

JoeCool, it is time for you to let go of the bitter and angry feelings you have just because you could not make Amway work for you. There are better things you can do with your life like playing hopscotch on the freeway. Seriously I don't understand how you can bash Amway year after year and never let yourself finally be at peace. Times have changed and the Amway you knew are gone. Go into retirement and I won't have to come back here and point out all the flaws in your arguments. I honestly think you will be happier once you move forward and stop dwelling on past history.

Joecool said...

Colin, Amway is growing in foreign countries because the Amway reputation hasn't been wrecked, so far. In the US, I believe Amway in shrinking because of that name reputation.

Anonymous, I am not bitter or angry. I just keep blogging to provide information seekers with the information they need to make an informed decision about joining Amway or not.

Anna Banana said...

Joecool, thank you for providing valuable insight into a business that causes more harm than good. Your blog is a valuable resource to people who are looking for answers on whether or not they can make money at Amway.

Anonymous, the things Joecool is describing that happened in the 90's are still happening as recently as last year and undoubtedly still today so times are not changing. The only thing changing are IBO's who quit when they realize they've been lied to about the kind of profits they will receive to be replaced by new IBO's who've been fed the same lines. Why don't you start writing your own blog about Amway and stop reading what you consider bitter, angry blogs? Then we can all come to your blog and point out the flaws.

Anonymous said...

Anon, you criticize Joecool because the business did not work for him.

If Amway has worked for you, please share your success with us. What is your level of profitability? Now answer that question after you deduct all expenses? How long have you been in?

Joecool has been pretty honest about his experience. Can you be that honest?

Marius said...

Anna Banana... LOL! How original a name! Just like "Laura Gaura" which in my language means "Laura P**** Hole". What makes you an official source of information? Let me ask you this to find out; when was the last time you logged in to your Amway business account? Somehow you have a problem with people reading and pointing out this bitter, angry blog and you tell them to stop doing so. However you seem to have no problem whatsoever with them starting their own inspiring blog only to have you come there and point out the flaws as you said you would. Nice contradiction there!

Joecool said...

Marius, it looks like you haven't read how to win friends and influence people. Maybe you should be a good little IBO and go read it.

Colin said...

My friend from thailand when i asked her if she heard of amway she rolled her eyes. Then im told amway is a stupid business which tons of people are losing money. I hope amway will start shrinking around the world.

Anonymous said...

2011 is shaping up to be a not-so-good year; things shall get interesting!

Anonymous said...

Does this ever come to mind? 99% of people, in most MLM where recruiting is put before direct sales is a pyramid scheme disguished by a product, LOSE MONEY!!