Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WWDB Cutthroat Businessmen Posing As Your Mentors And Friends?

The really insidious part about some of the LOS leaders, such as the ones I had in WWDB, is that they apparently are cutthroat ruthless businessmen with nice suits, and disguised as your mentors and friends. They get you to trust them, and they will tell you that they have your best interest at heart, or that they would never purposely lead you astray. On the surface, you may think this is true, but look at their actions and you can easily discern that some of these uplines are absolutely ruthless businessmen who would take every cent from you if they could. I was in WWDB and I have good reasons to believe that they are still doing this, based on a WWDB IBO blog. On this blog, I see all the same teachings today, that I heard as an IBO and some of the same claims such as buying homes in cash. It's scary.

As an IBO, the diamonds would tell you to never miss a function, ever. The only good reason for missing a function was for your own funeral. I recall some crossline IBOs rearranging pre-planned anniverssary parties, weddings, and other special family events in the name of being core and attending all functions. Some IBOs actually did quit their jobs to attend functions and they very well may have done so because some uplines taught this. IBOs were also encouraged and told to go into debt to attend a function. This was okay because it was an investment into your business.

Our group was also strongly encouraged to buy extra cds every week. To be core, you needed to listen to a cd each day and you cannot listen to the same one each day right? Couples were told to buy their own seperate standing orders. Brad Duncen even had a true north tape (cd) that said sponsors were to eat the standing orders for downlines who quit because it was too much trouble to call upline who calls upline who calls upline to cancel a standing order. Oddly enough, they didn't mind upline calling upline calling upline to add a standing order.

In the end, I was lucky enough to have been progressing up the pin ranks so my losses were not that devastating. I ended up losing in my early months of the business but mostly broke even when I was at 4000 PV. Sadly though, my crossline did not fare so well. I know of one couple who declared bankruptcy. I don't know how much their WWDB involvement contributed to bankruptcy, but I am certain it was a major factor and I know of two couples who had homes foreclosed, and I believe that their allegiance to WWDB was a factor in those foreclosures. But I guess hey, two WWDB diamonds had homes foreclosed so maybe they were duplicating?

Do not be fooled. The diamonds may have a nice smile and a nice suit, but they are ruthless businessmen who will take your last dime if you allow them to.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

suckers!

Anonymous said...

I was in WWDB and it's like I could have written the exact same article. It's like a wolf in sheep's clothing. It's almost scary.

Joecool said...

People should note that WWDB defenders will claim that they don't do this anymore but there is evidence that nothing has changed. I see IBOs making the same claims as many years ago and the tapespeak still exists. And many of the same leaders are in power today, as in my day. The evidence is there.

rocket said...

Joecool, you can be my friend and I will tell you every day through a voicemail (not personally) how much I love you and your website.

I will love bomb you as much as you like, and if you buy some CD's I make for you (say, $7 bucks each) how much you're going to love life once you get to where I am.

Where am I?

You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

I'll also teach you how asking your employer for holidays is "garbage" and how everyone who has a job is a substandard human being.

If you fully accept my program, you will be condescending and insulting to everyone not in OUR system.

Because we will be the moral majority.

I won't guarantee you money, but I will guarantee you unconditional love, which is conditional upon your monthly subscription to my services.

Doesn't that sound smart?

Anonymous said...

I was told that Quixtar was NOT AMWAY then they got rid of Quixtar and now its AMWAY. Oh and they said THEY WOULD NEVER ADVERTISE! I have seen over a DOZEN SCAMWAY Commercials.

Joecool said...

Rocket, I also need out of town functions so you can teach me bad business practices and that I should never quit and buy more love bombing tapes from you.

John said...

Anonymous,
When a fellow attempted to recruit me 10 years ago, they boasted and boasted that they didn't have to advertise and...wait for it...they "pass the savings on to you!" They said Amazon.com had to spend 40 bucks per customer in ads and they spent none, relying on word of mouth. Funny, the products were still more expensive than they same ones on Amazon. And now look who's advertising on the back of Time Magazine and during the NBA finals. It's AMWAY! And not a moment too soon! Where would most of us wind up without this savior of a business to rescue us from the misery of being compensated with a fair wage plus benefits for our time?

Anonymous said...

Good post, John.

I think it's funny after all those decades of amway making fun of those who *gasp* advertised, amway is reduced to *gasp* advertising. Hardy-har!

Gotta be the shits for those who have been in for those decades to see everything going to hell in a handbasket.

Anonymous said...

ha, you guys are funny

Anonymous said...

Joecool, I agree with you 100% on your original post. I too was an IBO during the early 90s, so probably before you because we were listening to tapes and not CDs, but the same exact business "model" duplicated and taught throughout WWDB still persists and IBO's currently in the business are still doing it...

Anonymous said...

when the BS breaks, the pyramid will fall. and down will come devos, money and all! XD

**proud Amway hater**

Anonymous said...

wow you guys must of failed pretty hard. quite sad you have no motivation to move your life forward.

Anonymous said...

this is sillyness and completely false....who makes time for this and what is your purpose? I am embarrased for you.

John D said...

I will at least give you my first name. I had this EXACT experience. I was a sucker, believed I could do this. At one point had 2 1500PV downlines, and when I cancelled my standing order, because I could listen to the previous 100 CDs over and over and get the same info, I was shunned, not supported, and after spending good money that I really was stupid enough waste going to out of town functions, am now declaring bankruptcy. This was back in 1999-2001 in the glory days of quixtar, but the tactics are the same, the only way you will make money is to produce your own CD and force it on your downlines! Not sillyness! Completely TRUE!

Anonymous said...

it takes motivation to move on from things that threaten your finances, sanity and peace of mind. think about that--if you can.

Anonymous said...

why? did you birth me? lol =P

Anonymous said...

So it is obvious you have found your calling and are now making more money than you could ever need
Maybe if you had some common sense you wouldn'd be broke.
Oh yea common sense isn't common.

Anonymous said...

yep. and IBOs are known for having, well, none of it.

Kyle said...

This is a very sad "blog" you don't buy hundreds of CDs, they are free in the first place. I'm sure all of you here are retired from your job and are able to have every waking second to do what you when you want.

Joecool said...

1. CDs are not free. Someone has to pay for it.

2. Diamonds are not retired doing what they want. They are working themselves to the bone.

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure the ones complaining about Amway have become a major success in other ways......cant wait to hear your stories